Today is the last day of summer. Not technically according to the calendar, but in my book it's the last day. Sadness ensues. Even though I love fall, I abhor winter. Fall is too close to winter to ever get really excited about it.
However, I will relish the things that I did accomplish this summer of 2011. Here are some highlights.
1. Accomplishing my goal of reading 5 books this summer and then blowing it out of the water by reading 8. That's right 8! Booyah. I think my favorite was Under the Banner of Heaven.
2. I went to some great concerts. David Gray, Ray LaMontagne and U2. All outdoors.
3. I turned 30. Which actually sucks, but I'm looking at the positive.
4. Went to some of my favorite restaurants. Forepaugh's, WA Frost, Sea Salt, Barbette...just to name a few.
5. Celebrated some very cute new arrivals. Three good friends had adorable little babies. I can't wait to spend more time with the little ones!
6. Spent some great time with friends at birthday parties, baby showers, backyard BBQ's and lawn game nights. I know these will continue into fall, but it won't be the same as the summer nights.
7. A short trip to Cleveland got me one state closer to my goal of stepping foot in all 50 states as well as one monument closer to seeing over half of the Thousand Places to See Before You Die.
8. Went on a fun day trip to the MN Landscape Arboretum with my mom.
9. Went on plenty of long walks with Kirby.
Still, as this weather cools down, I always get a little bit down. I'll miss you summertime. Until we meet again next year. XOXO!