Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Last Chance Summer

Today is the last day of summer. Not technically according to the calendar, but in my book it's the last day. Sadness ensues. Even though I love fall, I abhor winter. Fall is too close to winter to ever get really excited about it.

However, I will relish the things that I did accomplish this summer of 2011. Here are some highlights.

1. Accomplishing my goal of reading 5 books this summer and then blowing it out of the water by reading 8. That's right 8! Booyah. I think my favorite was Under the Banner of Heaven.
2. I went to some great concerts. David Gray, Ray LaMontagne and U2. All outdoors.
3. I turned 30. Which actually sucks, but I'm looking at the positive.
4. Went to some of my favorite restaurants. Forepaugh's, WA Frost, Sea Salt, Barbette...just to name a few.
5. Celebrated some very cute new arrivals. Three good friends had adorable little babies. I can't wait to spend more time with the little ones!
6. Spent some great time with friends at birthday parties, baby showers, backyard BBQ's and lawn game nights. I know these will continue into fall, but it won't be the same as the summer nights.
7. A short trip to Cleveland got me one state closer to my goal of stepping foot in all 50 states as well as one monument closer to seeing over half of the Thousand Places to See Before You Die.
8. Went on a fun day trip to the MN Landscape Arboretum with my mom.
9. Went on plenty of long walks with Kirby.

Still, as this weather cools down, I always get a little bit down. I'll miss you summertime. Until we meet again next year. XOXO!

3 comments:

mai anh van said...

Modern life, people always find new technology to replace old technology, it takes a lot of time. Thus, artificial grass is born not only in sports but also in garden decor. Children's play areas are also used to create green spaces for the garden and play in comfortable spaces. for young children. In addition, it is also used in interior decoration, outdoor carpets, interior decoration, playground for kindergarten children, golf course, tennis court
gai goi cao cap, ảnh sex việt nam, Gái gọi Đình Thôn, gái gọi hà nội, gái gọi Cầu Giấy

Unknown said...

Although the acrylic material has good bearing capacity but also can bend very well to form kitchen cabinets diverse. And an important feature that should not be missed when used as a kitchen material is its moisture and fire resistance characteristics. When our sisters cook, the moisture can cling to the surface of the kitchen cabinets lovely if not able to ensure the durability of your kitchen cabinets can not be more than a year, do not say kitchen cabinets Thu Anh furniture will guarantee for 10 years.
gai goi online, gaigoihanoi, gai goi 9x, anh gai goi, checkerviet

anass said...

I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious, kubet88