Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dog Days

No, this is not another post about my dog. But I couldn't resist the picture. And just for the record, this is my dog sleeping. Sometimes he sleeps with his legs in the air. I don't ask questions.

Anyhow, I'm talking about the dog days of summer. They are here. Summer was off to a really slow start this year. June never really took off, then July was steamy and now August has been so pleasant. Yet, here we are with the nights getting a little more crisp and the sun going down far too early.

I didn't take advantage of this summer. Does anyone else feel like this? Before the summer even started, most of my weekends had at least one big event scheduled on them. I had fun at all of these events, but it also left me unable to have a weekend where I do nothing but enjoy the summer. There was always something that had to be done. I was just looking at my calendar for the fall and realized that aside from a vacation, I have nothing on the books. NOTHING. It's glorious. I just hope the weather holds out so I can enjoy it.

Enjoy the dog days everyone. I think the fall has a lot in store!

No comments: