Friday, August 19, 2011

Fruits of My Labor

Has it occurred to anyone else that summer is over. There's only two more weekends of summer and technically I don't count Labor Day Weekend because that's September and gosh darnit, September ain't the summertime.

This summer I grew things. It was the first year that I had my very own area to garden with. I had a basil plant, a mint plant, a rosemary plant, banana peppers, jalapenos and green peppers. Plus there are several raspberry bushes that I saved from a wild axeman last summer. The raspberries have been lackluster, but it just got all of it's fall buds on it, so I'm hoping the fall berries are better.

Anyhow, we were plum full of peppers this summer, so I'm calling me a gardening genius. I literally have not had to buy a hot pepper all summer which is saying something because we cook hot peppers in everything. I also have not had to buy any basil, which is another huge lifesaver. Basil is so expensive and I haven't had to buy any since May.

The green peppers never came in, which is really weird since the other pepper plants thrived.

I'm already planning a larger garden for next year with tomatoes, green beans, more peppers and more herbs. You know it's the end of summer when you are already planning activities for next summer.


3 comments:

Oanhtt said...

Really nice blog! posts are relevant and quality! I publish a blog too and I hope to get the same result one day Bye
apps sales pop master
recent sales notification popup
koi Nhật

mai anh van said...

Modern life, people always find new technology to replace old technology, it takes a lot of time. Thus, artificial grass is born not only in sports but also in garden decor. Children's play areas are also used to create green spaces for the garden and play in comfortable spaces. for young children. In addition, it is also used in interior decoration, outdoor carpets, interior decoration, playground for kindergarten children, golf course, tennis court
gai goi cao cap, ảnh sex việt nam, Gái gọi Đình Thôn, gái gọi hà nội, gái gọi Cầu Giấy

Unknown said...

Although the acrylic material has good bearing capacity but also can bend very well to form kitchen cabinets diverse. And an important feature that should not be missed when used as a kitchen material is its moisture and fire resistance characteristics. When our sisters cook, the moisture can cling to the surface of the kitchen cabinets lovely if not able to ensure the durability of your kitchen cabinets can not be more than a year, do not say kitchen cabinets Thu Anh furniture will guarantee for 10 years.
dien dan gai goi, gai goi hn, gai goi vip, gai goi sg, gai goi cao cap ha noi