Thursday, August 25, 2011

You Know You're Old When...

...10:00 P.M. rolls around and all you can think about is sleeping.

For the last few years I've been fighting this. However, I've recently realized that I can't fight it anymore. I'm old and 10:00 is my bedtime.

I should start this off by saying that I have always been someone that can thrive on a small amount of sleep. Sure I'd love to get more, but I don't need it. That being said, I used to be a night owl. In my teens and early twenties, I would consistently get a burst of energy around 11:00 P.M. and thrive on the nightlife. Whether it was dancing, studying, movie-watching, cooking, partying, I could be energetic doing it.

Then my late twenties rolled around and suddenly it was all "If I am staying out past midnight, I need to be drinking things with diet coke in them." It was literally like once 27.5 hit me, my night owl days (ha...oxymoron) were done for. I was officially a loser.

Now that I'm 30, I'm owning it. At 10:00 P.M. I am effing tired and I want to go to bed. Since society tells me that I'm totally old and lame, I'm just going to do it and not feel shame. Luckily I really lived it up in my early to mid-twenties.

To all those of you under 27, listen to your elders. Enjoy those moments in between 10:00 P.M. and 5:00 A.M. when you can be awake and lively...they don't last forever. One day you will wake up and realize that you can no longer enjoy ice cream because a moment on the lips means a lifetime on your fupa and that the most exciting thing you can do on a Friday night is get buzzed on 3 glasses of wine and fall asleep watching Problem Child 2 on your netflix instant queue while your dog humps his face on your couch. Sound pathetic, well, welcome to your thirties.

4 comments:

Oanhtt said...

Really nice blog! posts are relevant and quality! I publish a blog too and I hope to get the same result one day Bye
apps sales pop master
recent sales notification popup
koi Nhật

mai anh van said...

Modern life, people always find new technology to replace old technology, it takes a lot of time. Thus, artificial grass is born not only in sports but also in garden decor. Children's play areas are also used to create green spaces for the garden and play in comfortable spaces. for young children. In addition, it is also used in interior decoration, outdoor carpets, interior decoration, playground for kindergarten children, golf course, tennis court
gai goi cao cap, ảnh sex việt nam, Gái gọi Đình Thôn, gái gọi hà nội, gái gọi Cầu Giấy

Unknown said...

Although the acrylic material has good bearing capacity but also can bend very well to form kitchen cabinets diverse. And an important feature that should not be missed when used as a kitchen material is its moisture and fire resistance characteristics. When our sisters cook, the moisture can cling to the surface of the kitchen cabinets lovely if not able to ensure the durability of your kitchen cabinets can not be more than a year, do not say kitchen cabinets Thu Anh furniture will guarantee for 10 years.
dien dan gai goi, gai goi hn, gai goi vip, gai goi sg, gai goi cao cap ha noi

anass said...

I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious, kubet88