Monday, March 19, 2012

Random Acts of Douchebaggery

There's a new trend in the fresh herb retail game that is really pissing me off. It's this idea that the herbs should be packaged while still attached to the dirt. I can't understand how this is better than just packaging the herbs without the dirt?

At first, I thought it was because the herbs would keep longer being attached to the dirt. Which, let's be honest, this is probably the theory behind this asinine concept. What happens in reality, however, is either the attached dirt is so wet that it causes extreme condensation in the greenhouse like plastic container and then the herbs mold because they are too wet, or the dirt is so dry that it just crumbles all over the place and gets into the herbs.

Whether the dirt is wet or dry, it ends up all over your counter no matter how careful you are. Which is my real reason for douching the assholes that thought of this. When I am cooking, the last thing that I want is a dirty counter or cutting board. Every single time I have used these herbs I try to be so careful not to get the dirt out of the container, but to no avail.

I believe these herb manufacturers are evil. Not only are they charging us $5 for a small amount of something that is actually super easy and cheap to grow on your own, but now they are dirtying up our kitchens. I will not stand for this. Herb people, you are hereby RAD'd.

No comments: