Monday, October 1, 2012


Do you all remember that feeling you'd get in school right before the holidays?  That crazy,wild abandonment where you couldn't actually do any learning because you were so excited for vacation and presents and all the candy you could eat.  I loved how the teachers surrendered to the fact that no one was paying attention and did Christmas arts and crafts or extra story time or secret santa stuff. 

I'm feeling like that times a million-bajillion because I'm getting married in 2.5 weeks.  And I'm not paying attention to anyone or anything.  I just can't wait.  I can't wait for the wedding, I can't wait to see how all of the planning has turned out, I can't wait to dance the night away with friends, I can't wait for people to see my dress, I can't wait to be Mike's wife.  Mostly the last one.  Mike and I are so excited to be married, we can hardly contain ourselves.  Unfortunately, work isn't giving me a pass like my school teachers did.  Concentrating these next two weeks is going to be difficult.

Which is why this morning was so weird.  First off this morning, I looked in the front pocket of my work bag and didn't see my work keycard or office keys.  Panic!  I looked in my bag and there they were, safe and sound.  I grabbed them to deposit into the front pocket where they belong.  Next, I get to work and am walking up the bridge to my building when I hear this loud screaming man say: "STOP THE TRUCK!  STOP THE TRUCK!  I'M STILL FUCKING BACK HERE!"  It was this really panicked voice too.  So, I turn to my right and notice that this semi-truck is barreling up the bridge with the back gate open and a man leaning out trying to get the driver's attention.  He was literally screaming at him all the way up the bridge.  It was so scary. 

When I finally get to the crosswalk at the top of the bridge, the semi-truck was nowhere to be seen.  I start fishing in my front pocket to find my keys and can't find them.  Which was impossible because they had to be there!  But, they were not.  They weren't in my bag anywhere.  I have no idea what I did with them this morning.  Organization fail.  Luckily, I knew the deputy that was working the front door and he let me in without my keys. 

When I got up to my desk, I put my lunch and can of diet coke into the refrigerator that is in the hallway outside my workspace.  I do this every day.  At lunchtime, I went to retrieve my goodies and someone had stolen my diet coke.  That is shameful.  Honestly, downright terrible.  I wrote a note to the person about how I am a woman on the edge and they just stole the last bit of my sanity.  It made me feel better, but I didn't put it on the fridge, I just threw it away.

So, yes, today has been a random day.  And nothing has helped my insane wedding fever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've had a tough day so far! It will get better. I'd give my right arm for one of those cookies right now!

Love ya,