- My socks. I wind down the sock/tight wearing around April 1. The weather is usually just nice enough to justify it. But not this year. I'm betting I will be in my socks and tights through that first full week of April. Problem is that most of my tights have holes and for some odd reason I have very few matching socks left. They must have fled for warmer climates themselves. I'm refusing to buy new socks or tights because I won't need them in a couple of weeks, but these interim weeks are going to be problematic.
- My weight. Lord, the winter has not been good to my love handles. I decided that I was going to be really productive after the holidays about shedding some pounds and then got tendinitis in my knee and could barely walk for two weeks. Now, I want to go walking but either the temperatures are too cold or the sidewalks are too treacherous to go. Normally by this time I'm in a pretty good walking groove. But now my stomach is starting to bust out of my clothes. Oy Vey!
- My coats. They need to be dry cleaned and put away until next year. Plus, does anyone else hate driving with a coat on? I HATE it, always have. But I put up with it for awhile because I understand it's necessity. In late March, I want to shed myself from the wintery layer of hell, but I can't because I don't want to get a cold.
- My sidewalks. I never knew what a luxury it was to just walk up to the passenger seat of a car parked outside your house and jump on in. Because there's been a constant snow bank between me and the car, I've had to walk around the snowbank and either squeeze myself in between the bank and the car to get in or just wait for my ride to pull out a little bit and pick me up. It sounds so trivial, but it really is becoming a pain in the ass.
- My winter boots. I have been wearing the same pair of shoes everyday since mid-November. They are standard, low heel, knee high black boots. Perfect for tromping around in the snow and ice, but also boring and plain. However, every time I put on a pair of heels or flats thinking they will be safe to wear, we have a snowstorm. I feel like I'm in a marriage from hell with these boots.
- My hair/skin/nails/lips. The dryness of all of these things is at an all-time high. I've been moisturizing like crazy, but to no avail. I need some true air moisture to turn the tide. Mother nature, help a girl out!
I could go on and on, but I won't. Mostly because I've got work to do. That's another thing that I'm not doing, going on a spring vacation.