Thursday, February 24, 2011

To Do in Spring

I am at it again and getting very excited for things to come in the Springtime. The King Tut exhibit has just opened and will remain open through early September and this includes the Omnitheater movie "Mummies", George Washington is on display at the History Center through the end of May and the Titian Golden Age of Painting exhibition is still at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. Now we can add the following to our list:

  • Earthscapes Minigolf at the Science Museum, opens 5/28/2011. I love mini-golf courses and this one is educational as well.
  • Underwear: A Brief History, opens 5/7/2011 at the Minnesota History Center. This is a display of different kinds of underwear. This will be awesome. Plus, word to the wise, Tuesday nights you can get into the History Center FOR FREE from 5-8 P.M.
  • Sea Salt opens on 4/1/2011 at Minnehaha Park. If you haven't ever been, it's really a must. But, be prepared because there is always a line.
  • St. Patrick's Day celebration. St. Patrick's Day isn't totally my thing (which should be blasphemy because I come from a very Irish St. Paul family), but Mike loves it. There is a ton to do as many bars in St. Paul have events. Plus the big parade in downtown St. Paul is kind of a must see at least once in your life. Hopefully the weather will be good for it!
  • Lake/River walks. We ain't the Land of 10,000 Lakes for nothing. Walking around the lakes is good exercise and also totally awesome people and dog-watching. I prefer the less crowded Lake Nokomis, but nothing beats Lake Calhoun for the people watching. Also, River walks are also fun. There's a couple of good paths following the Mississippi that I love.
  • Happy Hours on the patio. Every year I forget how much I actually hate eating outside and talk about how excited I am that patios will be opening again. Maybe I truly love wind blowing napkins off tables and flies landing in my food more than I thought.
  • There are a few movies coming out, but like last year, nothing that I'm super excited about in the Spring. What is wrong with Hollywood lately?
  • Jersey Boys is coming to the Orpheum Theatre from 4/21/11-5/8/11.
  • Here's a couple of notable things that I probably won't do this spring, but though I'd mention: Riverdance from 3/18-3/20 at the State Theatre and Amos Lee on 3/24 at the State Theatre.
  • I TOTALLY forgot to add the ROYAL WEDDING! 4/29/11...also, Grace's birthday is that day.

There's my list. Come on Springtime! Add any additional things in the comments section.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your list. I'll add:
*Golf!!
*Getting outside to walk again
*Watching the peonies bloom (or at least hoping they finally bloom this year)
*Watching the lilies of the valley I planted last year come back to life and hoping they flower
*Watching and waiting for every perennial to come back to life
*Do you see a pattern here? Add morning glories, datura, oriental lilies, viola, tulips.....

Love ya,
Mom

Molly said...

Yes, a pattern of flowers. I just hope my tulips get by without a rabbit biting their heads off.