Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It Doesn't Feel Very New

So, it's a new year. Except it doesn't feel like a new year, you know. I think mostly because I've been so busy that I haven't really enjoyed what I usually enjoy about New Year's. Normally around this time, I start a deep cleanse. I cleanse my home and my life. Everything smells like lemons and looks white. This year was more difficult. Work was insane the week of Christmas and the week of New Year's. I was working through lunches and feeling permanently stressed out. Every second at work was important as it was a second when I could be getting something done. The weekend of Christmas I was busy everyday and was barely at home. The weekend of New Year's I decided that I wanted to do fun things that I had been avoiding because of my busy calendar. It was relaxing and fun, but not really cleansing. Oh well.

Anyhow...new year resolution time. I'm getting back into calendars. I have a secret love affair with calendars. I like having tons of them and I like counting days and I like writing everything down. I used to always keep this big planner and carry it with me everywhere. Then it got cumbersome, so I stopped. I haven't realized how much I actually missed it until I started missing appointments and things like that. My memory is not what it used to be and if I don't write things down, they are lost forever. So, I'm back to calendars. I currently have one in my kitchen (of the dry erase variety), one on my desk (of the outlook variety) and one that I carry around with me (of the planner variety). I also have one that hangs above my desk that has all of my paydates highlighted. That's my favorite one. Although, not this week because I don't get paid this week.

Am I boring you? I'm boring myself. But, to quote Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa, "They can't all be winners, can they?"

No comments: