Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hum Drum

What I wouldn't give to be sailing away in a warm weather destination right now. It's because I live in Minnesota and that fact combined with the winter should tell you enough. However, winter is truly a numbers game and realistically speaking, winter is losing.

Winter really only gets bad after the first week in January and usually by the Ides of March there are signs of spring. While it might not be all warm and fuzzy, at least we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. When all else fails, I always remind myself that it will be 80 degrees again.

The best thing for winter blues is staying busy. Remember that list I posted a ways back (and no, I won't link it for you because I don't know how, you'll have to search for it, lazy bastards). The one with all of the suggestions for things to do? Well, time to get busy peeps. The omnifest is closing in less than month, King Tut is coming, so is our founding father, the winter carnival has already begun and there are some really great Oscar contenders to go and see. That should take you until at least the beginning of March. Not to mention the fact that the greatest holiday in the world is next Monday...FEB'S EVE!

So, if you're feeling down about the ickiness of the season, busy yourself. I promise, the time will fly by and before you know it I will be bitching about the damn rabbits eating my beloved tulips. I know y'all can't wait for that.

No comments: