Friday, July 27, 2012

Things I Don't Understand

Here's a list of things that are bothering me:
  • Kate Middleton, Fashion Icon.  I am not saying that Kate Middleton isn't gorgeous and doesn't have fabulous clothes.  Because she is and she does.  Plus, she's got beautiful hair and a gorgeous figure.  However, I don't think she's slapped us in the face with her fashion sense.  I think she was actually more fashionable prior to marrying into the royal family.  I loved her in her flat boots and skinny jeans or wrap dresses.  These days it's basically her in a shift dress with nude heels.  It's boring me.  I'm hoping that she amps it up for the Olympics, but for now I think it's too early to be calling her an icon.
  • Ombre nails.  I've seen this trending for awhile now and I don't totally understand it.  When I first heard about it, I thought it would be an ombre effect on one nail, but it's actually painting each nail a different color.  First, that would take a lot of time.  Second, you'd have to buy a lot of nail polish to keep this up.  Third, if you're really going for the ombre look, are you really achieving that by painting each nail a different color?  Because how often are people looking at your nails all together?  People might see a thumbs up, or a middle finger, or a pointing finger, but when do they ever get a whole hand?  And if you are still giving people a "talk to the hand", then your problems are worse than your nails.
  • Target.  I really love Target, but some days it just makes me angry.  They don't carry Traiminic medicine anymore.  Triaminc medicine, while for children, is the only thing that I take when I'm sick.  It's a miracle medicine.  Why would you discontinue it?  And they don't even have an Up & Up brand replacement.  Also, Target has been really stingy on bagging your things with paper bags.  Before you start yelling at me, normally I do bring my own reusable bags into Target and other grocery stores.  However, there are times where I forget and at Target they just start bagging your items into their plastic bags and if you ask for paper, you get a look.  I don't appreciate the look. 
  • Fall TV.  Last year, a few of my favorite shows weren't renewed.  The Secret Circle, GCB.  And while I have plenty of TV shows to watch, I always love adding new things to the mix.  I've seen some previews for the new fall shows and I feel very Meh about it.  Really, is that the best they've got?
  • KStew.  First, you're a terrible actress.  Now you've proven yourself to be a terrible actress who is also a real dumbo.  At least you're pretty. 
Okay, enough whining.  Today I have lots to be excited for.  The Olympics are here.  If you need to find me in the next two weeks, try my couch.  I don't plan on moving from it.  I love how the world's largest sporting event turns me into a real couch potato.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? No comment about the dude sitting at the Twins game, reading the newspaper, with his headphones?

Love ya,
Mom

Molly said...

The photo was just meant as a representation of something that I don't understand. I think I previously blogged about this guy. The other option was a picture of Kirby looking cute, but then I didn't want him associated with things I don't understand.