Monday, April 5, 2010

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell

I have mixed feelings about reviewing this book. It was funny and a quick read and got me to my 25 book goal in 2009. But it's definitely not for everyone (mom, grandma DO NOT read this book). In fact besides my family, I know there are other friends who read this blog who would not be a fan of Tucker Max's antics.

I read the book in about two days and it's a compilation of short stories. Every story has three things in common: alcohol, sex and douchebaggery. My only problem was if you read one story you sort of read them all. Which is why I can't really recall any of them just 3 months after reading the book.

I also don't know if I believe that there isn't a lot of bsing going on in the book. One story details a trip to Vegas where no one slept for 3 days and everyone kept drinking continuously. I don't buy that, but it makes for a pretty funny story.

In the end boys will love this book, most girls will like to love it, but some girls (and probably some guys) will hate it. And not just sort of dislike it, but fully detest everything about this book. Proceed with caution.

3/5 or 7/10 stars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will definitely stay away from this one. Thanks for the warning!

Love ya,
Mom