Monday, November 19, 2012

Jealous of the Tanners

Was anyone else super jealous of the Full House girls?  When I was a kid, I wanted DJ and Stephanie Tanner's room so bad!  Then remember when Danny's interior designing girlfriend came in and re-did the rooms so that DJ got Michelle's old room and then Stephanie and Michelle had to room together.  The room re-dos were pretty sweet as well.  Although, Danny was very worried that when DJ was alone in her room she would totally have sex with Aladdin in there.  And you know she did.  At least it wasn't that skeezy Viper guy.

One of the things that I was the most excited about seeing in San Francisco was the Victorian architecture.  The houses and buildings in the city are so beautiful and charming that you can have a fabulous just wandering the streets and taking in all of the homes.  We were in SF right around Halloween and the SF peeps go all out in decorating their houses for Halloween.  There were ghosts and cobwebs and mummies around every corner.  I loved it. 

Here are some of my favorites:

I loved the bright and sunny colors of this house.  Even on a dreary and rainy SF day, this would make my day more cheery. 

I also loved the colors here.  I'm not sure that I could ever be so bold as to paint my own house this bright blue, but the blue and gold together were so pretty and fun.  That's one of the things that I love the most about Victorian homes.  You can be a little bit whacky, without being tacky.  Also, the picture doesn't do the gold justice, it was truly a glittery, shimmery gold.


Here are the famous painted ladies with the downtown skyline in the background.  These houses were perfect, every detail is exact and they are meticulously taken care of.  The park across the street, Alamo Square, is such a cute park.  No wonder the Tanners wanted to picnic here.


A lot of the houses had these cool doorway gates.  This was my favorite and was on one of the painted lady homes.  I've never seen anything like it.  I wanted to go in this house so bad.  If the doorway is this awesome, I can't imagine the rest of the house.

Here's a cute Halloween house.  Lots of ghouls and goblins.


This was my favorite decoration.  Nothing to see here, just a skeleton in the garden. 

There were a million more houses that I wanted to move into.  San Francisco definitely sets the bar high in real estate.  One cautionary tale is that most of these houses are on a hill, so when doing a walking tour of beautiful homes, try to avoid ones that are at the top of the hill. 

2 comments:

Grace said...

There were a lot of things to be jealous about in that house. Remember Uncle Jesse and Rebecca's bed that went into the wall? Remember how Uncle Joey lived in the alcove? Full House is the first and last time anyone ever used the word alcove as well. Did DJ really have sex with her boyfriend on that show? I totally didn't remember that.

Molly said...

I actually don't remember where Uncle Joey lived. I'm going to have to netflix it. I don't think they showed DJ and Aladdin going at it, but you know when the doors were closed and the cameras were off... That's why Danny was so mad at his girlfriend for letting Deej have her own room.