Monday, December 22, 2008

Things I Don't Understand

I haven't recently done a post on actual "New Month" related activities, so I'm doing this one to ask the magical genie for another 2009 wish. This time I would like one (or more) of these confusing life mysteries to be cleared up for me.

1. Crocs - I can't believe people wear these as like, actual shoes. Whenever I see someone wearing crocs, my first thought is, they must not own a mirror. And I know that some of you own and wear crocs and I know that many of you will say things like "But I'm in healthcare", or "But they're so comfortable". Those are not excuses to me.

2. Hannah Montana - What is this about? Seriously, it makes me very uncomfortable.


3. Lindsay Lohan's job - I see her picture on gossip sites almost everyday shopping at places that are hawking seriously expensive goods. And yet, she doesn't appear to work...EVER! I'm hoping to become superficial friends with her so that she can teach me her secret to doing nothing and making a ton of money at it. (I feel the same way about Mischa Barton).

4. Trader Joe's - Everything I've ever bought at Trader Joe's tastes terrible...and I've bought a lot of things there. People must not have gotten the memo on this or they must not care because the parking lot at that place is always packed. I just don't understand driving around for 20 minutes in a parking lot looking for a place to park in order to buy food that tastes like sawdust.

5. Jodi Picoult books - I had never heard of this author and then one day at Target I was looking for a book and she had about 70 different titles on the bookshelf. I looked at the covers of all 70 and thought, these look terrible. Then I found out that they are actually super popular. They still look terrible.

There's a list of 5 "life mysteries" (as my brother would say) that I would like cleared up in the new year, but preferably in the new month because I'm impatient.


No comments: