Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Day At the Courthouse

Many people wonder about my glamorous life as a judicial law clerk. Working at the courthouse, you see some outrageous behavior and F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S (that was a nod to Kadie, btw) wardrobe choices. Just today I saw the most amazing mullet I have ever seen. It was peroxide blond and gelled like no one's business. It sort of looked like a blond Knickie from Grease, except a woman and more of a definitive mullet.

I digress. The point is that at the courthouse, you never know what bizarre situation you will find yourself in at the end of a hearing. Which is why the following excerpt from an email from another law clerk is particularly amusing and offers just a brief glance into my highly glamorous lifestyle.

What do we do with left over evidence from a guilty-verdict trial?

Specifically I’m talking about a bag of meth … The deputies are telling me that they won’t take it and that we should keep it and lock it away somewhere.

Does anyone know what I should do with this stuff?
What's a young attorney to do? You're in a building filled with deputies not to mention the cutest drug/bomb sniffing dog you've ever seen and you're just supposed to take a bag of crystal meth and carry it around trying to find some random cabinet to lock it in and forget about it. I know some day I'll probably be unlocking one of these random cabinets and find bags of various drugs, guns and used condoms all just waiting to be found by an unsuspecting law clerk.

No comments: