Thursday, January 7, 2010

Toy Story: Midway Mania

Behold one of the newer attractions at Disneyworld, Hollywood Studios (still can't get used to calling it that) to be exact. And listen this ride is SPECTACULAR! Off the charts AMAZING AND AWESOME. If you are annoyed by my all caps, please stop hating, it's the only way I can express how truly great this ride is.

One problem...it takes a fricking year to get on it. Although, there's a fastpass, which helps. Here is my advice to you. Get to HS before it opens and stand in the massive group that gathers down Hollywood Boulevard. Then when they open those gates, don't heed their warnings, RUN DON'T WALK to the Toy Story fastpass line. Push down anyone who dares get in your way, babies, elderly, handicapped. It don't matter, this is imperative. Then, get to the fastpass line and wait. Once you get your fastpass go to the actual ride line and wait the probably 20 minutes, it will be the fastest wait for this ride all day. It's that popular.

Ed. Sidenote: I usually don't condone the super aggressive fastpass behavior, but in this case I do. You want to go on this ride as many times as possible and that can only happen by being a complete beeyotch.

Once inside the building, you will be brought into a world where toys are larger than life. Behold this Candyland game:

So, it's kind of fun, but still you're in a queue, which is never that fun. Then you get your 3D glasses and you wait in line some more. But then you encounter this:

It's basically a vehicle to fun. If you can see it in this picture, you sit 2 by 2 in a car that has a little video game gun with a pull string. You put the 3D glasses on and travel inside. It's basically a huge video game with carnival games. It's awesome. They have balloon pop, plate break, the ring game, etc. And everything is worth points. So, you try to get as many points as you can and at the end they tally up the points to see who the winners are! I always like validation from video games telling me that I am, in fact, a winner.

It doesn't sound like much, but it's super interactive and amazingly fun. This is my new favorite ride at all of Disneyworld. I mean, I would mow down a grandma on oxygen in a wheelchair holding a premature infant to get on this ride.

5/5, 10/10, 100/100, 1,000/1,000 stars. Loves. It.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You left out that there's a giant talking Mr. Potato Head, and he is cool. He can even take off his ear!! Molly is not kidding. She knocked me over on her way to get a fast pass for Toy Story Mania. Molly and I actually got up early at least twice this year and headed to Hollywood Studios just to be able to get in line for this ride. It's one of my favorites too.

Love ya,
Mom