Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Muppet Vision 3D

I was always a huge Muppets fan.  Beaker and Professor Honeydew are my favorite characters.  I used to have all of these Muppet cassette tape story books that I would listen to over and over (This screams child of the 80's to me).  When I would hear Beaker's famous meeps, I would usually rewind so that I could listen to it again.  I really connect with Beaker.  In fact, one of Mike's nicknames for me is Beaker because in the mornings I don't like to speak words, so I've developed a system of hums to accurately get my feelings across.  Mike is like my very own Professor Honeydew.

At Disney's Hollywood Studios, Muppet Vision 3D is an interactive movie.  For some reason, this is one of those attractions that I never think about unless I'm right on top of it and then it's always "I guess we can go in."  It just doesn't excite me that much.  However, once it starts, I am reminded that it's actually a very funny and cute 3D movie that people of all ages can enjoy.

The thing that works about Muppet Vision 3D is that they really go for the 3D gags.  What is the point of a 3D movie if things aren't flying at my face?  This is what I still don't understand about today's 3D movies.  What's the point?  Plus, I hate wearing those goggles during a 2 hour movie.  Anyone else with me?

Back to the Muppets.  The movie is one 3D gag after another, but there's also interactive portions and a pull-at-your-heartstrings storyline.  The reason the movie hasn't been changed for 20 years is because it's so freaking cute!  Don't be like me and pass the Muppets by, this attraction is a hidden gem, plus it's air-conditioned. 

On a side note, I've talked before about how Hollywood Studios has a really bizarre layout and that there are some areas that you would totally miss if you weren't a slave to the guidemap.  Muppet Vision 3D is one of these areas.  So, if you swear you've walked around the entire park and haven't found it, pull out the map. 

4/5 or 8/10 stars for this attraction.  It's sweet, cute, funny, what's not to love?

No comments: