Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Maltese Falcon

The Maltese Falcon is the original crime detective novel. I finally got around to reading it after hearing reference to it repeatedly. The Maltese Falcon is one of those things in entertainment that shows or movies like to make reference or pay homage to (aka copy) in order to make themselves sound smart. It usually doesn't work, but it always intrigued me as to what the novel is actually about.

So, it was good, but not fantastic. Basically I can't give you a rundown of the book for two reasons. 1. It was confusing, lots of twists and turns, people aren't who they seem to be and the book reads at a fast pace, so paraphrasing it would be difficult. And 2. I read it about 3 months ago and can't remember shit about the plot. That should tell you something.

But, I did like the book and the writing was impeccable. Props to Dashiell Hammet.

4/5 or 7/10 stars.

No comments: