Thursday, October 11, 2012

Working is More Fun With Cupcakes

There are some really great perks to working with your almost spouse.  Some days, Mike and I work in the same building, but we rarely see each other.  So, it doesn't feel like we really work together.  Every now and again we will run into each other in the hall and it brightens my day.  The last couple of weeks at work have been busy and stressful.  I have my mind on other things, like this wedding I'm planning, so I have zero concentration.  Mike's been doing everything he can to minimize the stress for me.

About a week ago, there was a knock on my office door.  I went to the door, but there was no one there.  Annoyed, I went back to my desk.  A minute later...another knock.  I go to the door and there was again not a soul in sight.  My blood pressure was raging.  I was trying to concentrate on reading some reports for a brief I was writing and this distraction was more than I could handle. 

A few minutes later, my phone rang.  It was Mike.  "Will you go into the hallway please?"  I was beyond pissed at him.  "Have you been knocking on my door and running away?"  He pleaded, "Just go into the hall."  I begrudgingly went only to find a small white paper bag right outside my door.  I felt like Alice in Wonderland.  Inside was one Black Bottom cupcake from the awesome Minnesota bakery Cupcake.  Moist chocolate cake mixed with cheesecake and chocolate chips and drizzled with ganache.  Oh Lord, it made my entire week.

These are the moments when working with loved ones is the best.  The second best thing is being able to gossip about your coworkers. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to find a cupcake outside my office, and that one looks especially good!

Love ya,
Mom