Thursday, September 13, 2012

Wild Horses

I have been feeling a bit like a wild and out of control stallion lately.  Except it's not nearly as fun as the horses make it seem.  I knew that there would come a time in the wedding planning process where I felt like everything was just running wild.  I didn't expect to come at the same time when work was a hot mess.  Such is life.

So, with work being constant and wedding stuff being busy (I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, it's definitely a fun busy), there are several things that I have allowed to slip through the cracks.  The weirdest part is that I don't care.  I'm in a very go with the flow mood and I am not a good time gal, that's for damn sure.

First, I don't think I've made the bed in weeks.  Which isn't that huge of a deal, except that sleeping in an unmade bed normally bothers me.  A few weeks ago, Kirby had a moment and destroyed our comforter.  I picked up all of the stuffing, but wasn't able to sew the holes back together for a couple of weeks.  At that point, I figured why bother making the bed?  And now that the comforter is fixed I'm still feeling like I just don't care.  For the record, Kirby felt great shame at what he did.  See...
The second thing that I've been letting slip is cooking dinners.  Mike and I had been really good about making dinner every night of the week.  The last couple of weeks, however, I have had zero motivation to make anything.  I love cooking, but right now it seems like such a chore. 

I also have totally let the garden go to the dogs.  I haven't watered in a week or so, I haven't gone out to weed in a month.  Our grass is so brown and crunchy that I'm sure our neighbors are wondering what is wrong with us.  I love having a garden, but since the wedding stuff amped up I couldn't justify spending so much time on it.  I also have to say that I never realized how fast the weed situation could get out of control.  Until next year weeds.

Argh.  Normally this stuff would drive me nuts.  But, right now I'm too busy in other areas of  my life to care all that much.  I've decided that I need to set some "After Wedding Goals" to get myself back into the swing of real life.  Starting on October 28 I will:

  • Make the bed again.
  • Vacuum at least once a week.
  • Cook one new recipe once a week.
  • Spend extra cuddle time with Kirby, who has taken being ignored like a champ.
  • Spend more time with my family.



No comments: