Tuesday, March 15, 2011

9, Noon, 3 Dressing

Springtime often leads to confusion for me as to what I should wear to work. Today, for instance, I decided on a sleeveless dress with a heavier cardigan sweater, tights and knee high boots. I was freezing in the morning, am at a reasonable temperature now after lunch, but guarantee I will be sweating hot by the time I leave. I try to dress in layers, but work clothes don't often leave us a lot of room for layering.

I usually struggle until mid-May with the solution. I know that I will be cold in the morning and will need a jacket. I also know that the heat is turned down and there will be no sun in the office windows until 11:00. So, I need a jacket and a sweater and probably tights. But, once the sun starts blazing through the windows and I start moving around a lot, the sweater is maybe too much. So are the tights, but that's a whole other ball game. However, when I take the sweater off, I'm too cold. So, I put it back on. Oh, wait, now I'm sweating into my silk/cashmere blend. Okay, off it goes. Now I'm shivering. It's a vicious cycle.

I just want it to be consistently warmer so I can just bust out my summer work clothes and go from there.

No comments: