Friday, August 17, 2012

Things I'm Excited For

I've started to feel that coolness in the air that we get in late summer nights.  Although, I really believe that summer is far from over.  Or is that just the optimism talking? 

On that note, I'm really, really, really looking forward to this fall.  There's so much good stuff happening that I can hardly stand it.  My big fear is that I won't have quite enough time to really enjoy the season, but c'est la vie.  I'll try to enjoy as much of it as time allows me.

On that note, here's my list of the Fall Things I'm Excited For:
  • The Wedding.  I can't wait.  I feel like there's so anticipation for the actual wedding, but I really can't wait to be married.  The wedding and all of the pre-wedding festivities are going to be so much fun and so special to me.  I get a little bit sentimental when talking about it all; it feels like an event that has already happened and when I think of it, I'm just remembering it fondly. 
  • Fall Football.  I'm not really a football fan.  I will admit that.  But, Mike loves football and he likes to have friends over to watch football which means I get to do my favorite thing: cook for other people!  I love making pulled pork and dips and brownies and can't wait to have excuses to cook like a maniac.
  • Fall Movies.  There's nothing I love more than going to the movie theatre.  This is evidenced by the fact that every "Things I'm Excited For" post has movies in its list.  However, I don't know a ton about the big movies coming out this fall.  With the wedding planning craziness, I just haven't paid all that much attention, but I'm still looking forward to seeing some great movies in a cozy theatre with my buttered popcorn.  One huge highlight will be the Breaking Dawn movie.  I'm excited about the movie and to see the awkwardness between Edward and Bella at the premieres.  I feel like a fourteen-year-old.
  • House Decorating.  I have amassed quite a collection of Halloween/fall decor.  I'm not a great home decorator, but I like putting up seasonal decorations.  I just think it warms up the house and sets a festive mood.  I can't wait to break out my pumpkins and leaves and really jazz up my house.  It's looking pretty boring right now.  
  • House Organization.  Once the wedding is over, I am doing a full home re-organization.  Since moving out of my mom's house, I've never lived in a place for longer than a year and a few months.  Which was nice because every time I moved, I'd purge.  Mike's been living in his house for two years and me for almost a year and a half.  We need to purge.
  • Chili.  Is this weird?  I love chili, but haven't made it since last winter.  Some days, it's all I think about.  What kinds of peppers will I put in the chili?  Should I add any new spices?  What kinds of meats should I use?  I'm drooling now.
Obviously, this fall will be hectic for me, but I'm really hoping to savor the season and slow things down a bit.  Do you want to know what I'm not excited for this fall?  TV.  Are there any new shows that look good? 

No comments: