Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring Things

Spring is just around the corner! Yay! Here are things I'm looking forward to:


  • Movies. The Hunger Games on 3/23, The Wrath of the Titans on 3/30, The Pirates: Band of Misfits on 4/27 (can anyone say asexual claymation?) and The Avengers on 5/4 are ones I'm really looking forward to. I will post more about The Avengers closer to the premiere date as I actually saw some of the filming in Cleveland, OH.

  • Pirates. The Science Museum of Minnesota has a pirates exhibition going on. I'm hoping to see it soon. I have mad love for the SMM and this exhibit looks really different and neat. Hopefully it's not a dud.

  • MN Landscape Arboretum and Como Zoo Conservatory. I am so anxious for daffodils and tulips to start popping up. I've never made it out to the Arboretum for their spring gardens, but hopefully this will be the year. The conservatory also has a gorgeous display every year.

  • Hammock. For my birthday last year, Mike got me a hammock. It's the most luxurious and relaxing thing. I can't wait to put it back in the yard and lay in it while reading.

  • Florida. My mom and I are going back to Disneyworld this spring. I'm so, so, so excited. I need to get some new material, so we will be trying out a couple of new restaurants and also going on a behind the scenes animal trek in Animal Kingdom. Can't wait.

  • History. The Minnesota History Center is exhibiting an early version of the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights as well as an original edition of the Minnesota constitution. I feel like this is the perfect activity for a rainy spring day.

  • Baseball. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I don't hate it either. I really love ballpark hot dogs, though, and I've been craving one lately. I'm hoping to get out to Target Field early this year.

  • Things I'm Not Doing, But Wish I Was. Florence and the Machine is coming to the Twin Cities and I really, really wanted to go. Like, really bad. But, when tickets went on sale to the general public, there were literally 5 seats available and none of them were sitting next to each other. I've looked on stubhub, but they are so expensive. Sorry Flo, not this time.

I think this is going to be a very hectic spring. I'm hoping to enjoy it to the fullest!

No comments: