Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Things I'm Excited For - Fall Edition

I will be enjoying lots of things before Winter 2011/2012. Here's what they are:


  1. Fall Movie Season. During Fall, movies are typically at their finest. There's actually not a ton that I'm excited about this fall. Leonardo has a new one (J. Edgar), Breaking Dawn of course. Even if nothing new comes out, there's plenty that I missed this summer that is sure to be playing at the Riverview. You really can't beat $2 tickets and real buttered popcorn.

  2. Fall TV. My Tivo is already stocked up and I can't wait until next week when the new shows come out. Which ones is everyone else watching?

  3. The Lion King 3D! For two weeks Disney's movie The Lion King will be out in 3D. How awesome is that? The fun begins September 16.

  4. The Target Missoni collection. I've already blogged about this. Those pillows are mine starting September 13.

  5. Apple picking, pumpking carving and leave viewing. The colors, the smells, the decorating. Even though I don't love Fall like others do, I still appreciate the things it has to offer. There is no other season that has such a feeling associated with it as Fall does.

  6. Gardening. Now that I have space to garden, I've gotten into it. This fall I will be expanding my tulip garden, planting some daffodils and irises and adorning the front of the house with gorgeous fall flowers.

  7. Omnitheater. I know that I'm always going on about stuff at The Science Museum, but it's my favorite. September 22 brings a new omnitheater movie, Amazon.

  8. Twin Cities Marathon. Hell no, I do not run this. But, I usually like to support those that do. Plus, I love seeing shirts soaked with blood from chaffed nipples.

  9. Sports. Mike loves watching football. I don't really love it, but I do love cooking and Mike always has people over for the games, which means I get to cook for multiple people. So, I guess I can support it. Plus, the Wild will be back. So, maybe I'll sneak a couple of games in this Fall.

  10. Long, crisp walks. Kirby has gotten to be a much better walker. Lately we've been able to take him on lake walks and nature walks and he has loved it. I'm looking forward to much more this fall.

The nights are already getting much cooler and I'm grabbing for my sweater more often. I can't say I'm loving it, but you can definitely sense that change in the air and maybe it was needed. Even though I rebel against it, change is always a good thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot Yogilates class, leaf raking, bonfires...the list is long!

Love ya,
Mom

Molly said...

I don't think leaf raking will be included on my list. That sounds like kind of a crappy thing to do.